This week’s Friday Five:
- What song, album, or artist, disliked by you in high school, now sounds pretty good? I honestly can’t think of any. My musical taste has always been really eclectic, and hasn’t changed much.
- What specific high-school memory do you have of discovering some song, album, or artist you considered old? I grew up on “old” music… but the boy I was head over heels for in Grade 12 made me look at Led Zeppelin IV in a completely different manner.
- What song or album best serves as the soundtrack for your senior year of high school? (bonus challenge: answer this question with a different song or album for each year of high school!) Grade Eight: Americana – The Offspring Grade Nine: Hello Nasty – The Beastie Boys Grade Ten: Issues – KoRn Grade Eleven: Selftitled – Slipknot Grade Twelve: … And Out Come The Wolves – Rancid
- What’s a song, album, or artist from your high-school years you loved then (and might still love) but have great difficulty listening to now, and what’s the reason? “Stairway To Heaven” hits especially hard… the loss of first real love and memories of The One That Got Away are forever entangled in the lyrics of that song.
- What song, album, or artist from your high-school years, seemingly forgotten nowadays, do you still listen to with fondness? I’m not sure if No Use For A Name is considered “seemingly forgotten,” but “For Fiona” always makes my heart swell with happiness.